One of the major problems that keep bothering us from time to time, and infact daily, are DARK CIRCLES!! It not only makes our face look dull but also makes us feel dull. Waking up every morning to those dark shadows under your eyes and puffiness seems really really gloomy and quite depressing.
Both men and women are prone to this dilemma, and you may get dark circles due to a number of reasons. So, here’s presenting some of the remedies which can help you get rid of those troublesome dark circles, quite easily and quickly!!
Cucumber is one of the best remedies to get rid of dark circles because it not only lightens the skin but also brings about a sense of comfort to your eyes. Cut out some slices of fresh cucumber, place it on the refrigerator for some time, take it out and place one slice each over your eyes and relax for about 10-15 minutes. Repeat this two times per day.
Raw potato slices can be used in the same way as cucumber slices to get rid of those dark circles. Take a slice and rub it nicely all around your eyes in both clockwise and anticlockwise direction and massage it really well. Potato has natural bleaching agents which reduces both puffiness and dark circles.
#COLD METAL SPOONS
This is a fun little hack that I came across some time ago and it really works as it reduces the extent of puffiness under your eyes a lot. Place two metal spoons in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes and then take them out and place it on your eyes until the spoons go back to normal. Repeat it twice or thrice a day.
Almond oil has Vitamin E which in turn is very beneficial for our skin as well as hair. Take some almond oil and massage it around your eyes nicely, in circular motions. Leave it overnight and wash your face with cold water the next morning. Following this, you will come across a huge difference with regard to your dark circles.
Rose water has natural cleansing properties. Dip a cotton ball in rose water and apply it under your eyes and let it dry naturally. Do not rinse afterwards. Follow this everyday before you go off to sleep and after you wake up in the morning. Also, keep the rose water refrigerated for an additional soothing feeling.
#GREEN TEA BAGS
This one is a quick recovery hack. In case, if you are on of those who are on the go but are greeted with dark circles and puffiness every morning, green tea bags are your saviour. All you gotta do is, dip two green tea bags in a glass or warm water, let it soak, remove it and put it in the fridge for about a minute. Place the tea bags on your eyes and leave it on for 10 minutes. This hack is really refreshing for your eyes and renders great results overtime.
Apart from these above mentioned remedies, there are a plenty of more such remedies. But what is for important to remember are some GENERAL TIPS which not only cures but also prevents dark circles altogether, such as:
1. Always STAY HYDRATED!!! Drink lots and lots of water to enable proper blood circulation and hence prevent those dark circles.
2. Get ample sleep at night. Make sure that you are getting atleast seven hours of sleep daily.
3. Make sure to REMOVE your EYE MAKEUP!! We might feel a bit lethargic at times when it comes to removing our makeup, but keeping aside that lethargy for some time is much better than getting those big bad dark circles!! So remove it all using a makeup remover and olive oil, but DO NOT RUB!!
4. Do NOT APPLY any chemical based product very near to your eyes as the skin around our eyes is much thinner than the rest of our skin, and hence is much more prone to the harsh effects of chemicals which ultimately leads to infections and obviously, dark circles.
5. Eat NUTRITIOUS food!! Avoid oily foodstuff.
6. Lastly, STOP STRESSING!! No amount of home remedy shall be able to cure your dark circles if you continue to fall prey to stress. Hence, stop stressing and try to have a positive outlook towards life!!
RECOMMENDED PRODUCTS :
Himalaya Herbals Under Eye Cream, 15ml
That’s it for today, my lovely readers!! I choose to write on this particular topic as DARK CIRCLES continue to trouble most of us. Follow these remedies and general tips and you shall see a lot of difference glide in overtime. Also, in case you know some other remedies or tips related to the same, feel free to mention them in the comment section below; we all will love to read them!!
Until next time, BYEEEEE!! 💜
Check out my latest video on YOUTUBE: